Monday, October 24, 2011

On the Mend – YEAH!!!


Just a quick update to let you know that after being home for a week, I can report that all my systems have decided to work together and I’m beginning to feel better.  I’m slowly adding more protein, fruit and veggies to the diet.  I even was able to go to my exercise class today and also see Kalyn play goalie for the first game of their district cup.  I then proceeded to spend most of the afternoon on the couch resting.  I have a feeling it is going to take a little bit of time to get my strength back.  
Thank you for the prayers.  They are helping.  You know that you haven’t felt well when you don’t even care that the house is messy, the bills haven’t been paid, and that there are lots of loose ends to take care of.  I haven’t even had the energy to answer emails.  I know that I will get caught up, but it won’t be for several weeks. 
It is during these times that I have to remind myself that God is in control, He has a plan and it’s just my job to live His plan to the best of my ability. I’m so glad we serve a faithful God.

3 comments:

Christy A. said...

I read that last paragraph and for sine reason my mind put a period after the word live. As in, "He has a plan and it's just my job to live." And I thought "Yes! So true! It's her job to live and let God do the rest!" Then I thought, shouldn't that be true of all of us? Glad you're feeling better Donna!

Debbie Morales said...

Donna, God is taking care of the IMPORTANT STUFF - YOU! And He's saying no need to sweat the small stuff, it will be done one way or another. Just keep getting better. BTW, has anyone mentioned-your attitude is top notch:-) God bless you!

Helen Bratko said...

Donna, still praying, thanks for the update. Some verses that have helped me when things seem to be going s l o w l y:

"Blessed are those who wait for me."

"Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart, and wait for the Lord."

Hang in there. This too shall pass.

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.