Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Two-thirds of the way done

With yesterday’s treatment I am now two-thirds of the way done with this portion of the journey.  I was reminded on Friday that it is going to be an extensive adventure but it is good to know that the first leg of it is near completion. The infusion went well. It only took 2 ¾ hours. Ken and I were in the car leaving the parking lot 3 hours after we had arrived - that was a treat.

The nurses at the center are wonderful. Anna, Lydia, and Peggy have all worked with me. Today I had Peggy. As she was giving me my pre-meds she asked me if I had brought my Dora band-aid.  I had left them out of my basket last week, but today I did have one which she placed over my port once I was finished with the treatment. 

When I arrived home I was able to tear off another loop from my countdown chain. I must tell you that I enjoy how short it is looking. What a treat it will be to tear it down in a few weeks! 
God blessed me with very good blood work this week especially since we were dealing with lots of illness at home. Kedrick was ill Tuesday through Friday evening with Kalyn under the weather from Wednesday on. A doctor’s visit on Saturday revealed that Kalyn had an ear infection; she is now on a prescription. Kendall and Ken both had a cold and I had the challenge of nursing from a distance. The couch quickly became off limits and we even required masks for a day or two. I’m very thankful to say that everyone is on the mend.
We’ll see what adventures this week brings. Thank you for the prayers. I know that they are what caused my white blood cell count to be so good and helped me to remain healthy. I continue to feel blessed daily.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are looking great ~ keep tearing off those circles!
"My help comes from the Lord the Maker of heaven & earth. He will not let your foot slip - He who watches over you will not slumber"Ps 121:2-3 Evelyn Acord

Unknown said...

Continuing to hold you close in my heart and my prayers! I'm so grateful that things are looking as good as they are! God is good! My love to all of you! Betty

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.