Monday, February 28, 2011

Kenna, Walking For the Cure

Hello friends, family, and supporters!

I'm glad you've been following my mom's progress and offering her so much encouragement! Since her diagnosis in December, I've decided to walk in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. I have been impressed by my mom's great attitude as she fights to show cancer who's in charge. I have also been impressed with the excellent care she's receiving from nurses and doctors during her treatment. I know there are many women who are not as fortunate as she is in their support network and medical treatment options. While I'm walking to honor my mom and her fight against breast cancer, I also want to support the important work this foundation is doing.

Please consider supporting me as I complete a long walk to end breast cancer! I know the traditional breast cancer color is pink, but my mom's more of a blue girl. So, in honor of that, I will be walking in blue shoes! Please look for more info about Blue Footed Boobies walking in honor of Donna McKenzie! I am working to raise $2300 before September and today I reached the $100 mark! I still have a ways to go, but I'm hopeful friends and family will come along side me and help me reach my goal. If you would like to donate online, please visit my personal website.

Here's a bit more of the particulars. The Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure™ is a 60-mile walk over the course of three days. I will be walking in San Francisco on September 9th-11th. Net proceeds from the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure™ are invested in breast cancer research and community programs.

Thank you! I appreciate it!

-Kenna

Here's one way you can help!



Set of five unique cards decorated with pink ribbons and buttons. Each set is $12 and every sale or donation helps me get closer to my goal of $2300.

0 comments:

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.