Monday, February 14, 2011

The Half-Way Mark – YEAH!!


If you were in Mt. View this afternoon at 1:30 and heard a big shout then maybe you were near the Palo Alto Medical Clinic. Today I had my sixth treatment and reached the half-way mark in this phase of the journey. All I can say is “Praise the Lord”.  It’s a good feeling to know that I’m now on the downhill portion of the adventure.

I even remembered to take one of my Dora band-aids so I didn’t have to leave with a gauze and paper tape band-aid.

I also got to go to the appointment with my favorite valentine, Ken. What a special way to spend the morning, me snoozing after getting the Benadryl and Ken reading bee journals with no interruptions for about an hour. Ken’s now back at work and I’m getting ready for another nap.
Thank you for the prayers and words of encouragement. They are what gets me through when the going gets tough. How blessed I am to know that God is bigger than this and will carry me through this journey when I get weary.   
(dancing feet)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, you look beautiful :)

Love,
~Anshu

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures ~ love the hat and band-aid!
Continue prayers for your spirit, soul and body ~ our Lord brings all kinds of healing, even dancing feet! ~~ Evelyn Acord

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.