Monday, February 7, 2011

Chemo, Week Five


Yeah!!! Chemo treatment #5 is history. Only seven more to go! Today’s infusion lasted under three hours so it was a quick process. Anna, was my nurse. I seem to get her every other week. It is nice to have someone you feel comfortable with. She gave me my steroid using a drip method instead of using a syringe to see if that might help with the headaches.  It is so nice to work with a team of professionals who are trying to make this journey as easy for me as possible.

We’re going to tweak my meds for Wednesday and Thursday and hopefully be able to deal with the headaches in a more proactive way.  If that doesn’t work, they’ve told me there are other drugs we can try.  I see my oncologist on Thursday so hopefully I’ll get more good news then.  It’s exciting to think that I’m almost half done with part of the journey.

0 comments:

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.