Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Memories - Jan 11 - 13

This weekend was probably the most challenging thus far. I did not rebound like I have previous weekends. Hopefully this will just happen once but we’ll know more once next weekend rolls around. 
I did have some highlights though:
Highlight #1 – Going to the Adventure Camp Leadership Planning meeting. How exciting to begin making the plans for the upcoming Adventure Camp! Great things are in store for the campers, teens, and adult workers.
Highlight #2 – I went with my Aunt Shirley and was treated to my very first pedicure. I didn’t know my toes could look so adorable. Now for some warm weather to show off my cute tootsies.
Highlight #3 – Celebrating Ken’s birthday. Praise the Lord that I felt well enough to cook him his favorite dinner – pork chops, applesauce, his favorite frozen salad, Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes and a chocolate cream pie for dessert. What a joy to have the entire family home to celebrate!

Highlight #4 – As a family we attend AWE. What a treat to get to worship with everyone and celebrate the Lord’s Supper with my favorite friend, Ken. Both the music and message was inspiring and helped to know that I can face the next few weeks. Ken and I were also able to pray with an elder and receive encouragement from that.
Highlight #5 – Watch a “grown-up” movie with ken and munching on popcorn late into the evening. We finished up celebrating his birthday and enjoyed a part of our own Valentine’s Day date. Again I’m reminded that it is the simple things in life that are meaningful.
(When I begin to list my blessings, maybe my weekend wasn’t as challenging as I thought!)

1 comments:

Helen Bratko said...

Amen! Keep counting your blessings.

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.