Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ANSWERED PRAYERS

Finally out of the fog, I'm so glad to be able to write this update to share with you the many answers to the prayers the Lord has granted us. We saw the surgeon on Monday, and he told us the wonderful news that the final pathology report indicates the lymph nodes were NEGATIVE!
I feel so very blessed with the results--it was more than I dared hope that the lymph nodes would be negative. This also means I might not need to have radiation.
My prescription besides pain medicine is that I'm supposed to rest and not do ANYTHING, as well as not stretch or reach above my head...As I'm healing this becomes more challenging...It was great to see Carlene and dad and Jeanne...Carlene said I was the best patient she ever had.
We feel so relieved to have come this far in the journey: I am looking forward to not having chemo for a while and being more of a "normal" family. It's hard to process everything we've been through. I'm just looking forward to spending time with the family and not feeling like there is a rain cloud over our heads.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!! How awesome the news is!! Thank you Jesus ~~~
Evelyn & Curt Acord

Juanita said...

What wonderful news! Praising God with you. Wishing you an extra special Easter weekend celebrating the risen Savior...as you rest and recover.

Anonymous said...

God bless you, Donna. What a wonderful news indeed! Joining you in praising the God up above. Please do rest up as prescribed - you're so close!

Love,
~Anshu

Anonymous said...

I love you Aunt Donna!!!!! I am so glad that you are feeling better. God bless you!
Love,
Miki

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.