Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Done, Finished, Completed!!!!!!



At 3:30 today I finished up with this round of Chemo.  HALLELUHAH!!!  What a relief to have this portion of the journey completed.  One of the wonderful things about the Infusion Center is how personable everyone is.  Several of the nurses took time to celebrate with me and remind me of how well I’m doing.  Carmel and Tonji, the receptionists, even joined in the celebrating.



To continue the celebrating, Ken took me to Wendy’s for a frosty.  He wanted to do more but a Wendy’s frosty was what sounded good so… It’s a reminder that the simple things in life can bring the greatest joys.  I had the frosty finished before we made it home so it definitely hit the spot.
Ken and I were reminiscing that my first infusion was on a rainy day and how interesting that it was raining again today.  Maybe God was crying with me as He knows how challenging this is.


Today would have been my mother’s 80th birthday. Somehow it felt right to complete this leg of the journey on this day. I continue to be amazed at God’s timing.     

0 comments:

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.