Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Empty Nesting

Ken and I are having an interesting experience this week.  Since Sat. we have been experiencing having an empty nest.  Kedrick and Kalyn were invited to go to Yosemite for the annual camping week.  They were both delighted to be able to continue the tradition of spending a week in Yosemite hiking, swimming, biking, playing games and just being with very special friends.  What a treat.  Kedrick went with the Swanson family and Kalyn is being a “Suit” for the week.  Ken and I feel very blessed that the children were able to go. 
Sunday, Ken and I drove over to Santa Cruz and walked along the cliffs.  It was easy walking for me.  What a joy to be able to hear the surf on the beach and to people watch.  We enjoyed talking to each other and bird watching.  We rounded out the evening eating at “The Dolphin” which is located at the end of the wharf.  It was such a beautiful day that we sat outside and enjoyed our bread bowls of clam chowder.  Ken enjoyed watching several men fishing off the wharf while I enjoyed watching the sunshine dance on the water.  It was a lovely day made even better when the SF Giants won that night’s baseball game. 
To make my week even better I had two lunch dates; one with Becca, Diane, and Lisa and the other with Juliet.  What a treat to be able to go out to eat and enjoy the fellowship of other females.   I also got to visit with my brother, Brent, and sister, Janet, who came down for a quick visit.  I continue to feel truly blessed.
Tonight Kendall comes home so we get to have some one-on-one time just with him.  That will be a treat.

0 comments:

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.