Friday, June 17, 2011

WEEKLY ANGELS

God sends me lots of different angels every week. Several weeks ago my angels were Becca and Paty who checked on me via email or phone calls to make sure I was doing okay while Ken, Kedrick and Kalyn were in San Diego.  What a treat it was to hear from them! They also rejoiced with me as I received news from the gang in San Diego.

Angels also began appearing again last week bringing us meals.  What a gift to have a meal arrive at our door by 6pm several times each week.  Thank you to Gini, who is the angel that makes sure this happens.
My next angel appeared last Thursday evening.  Iris came over after working a twelve hour day to shave my head.  She made something that I was dreading pleasant.  I have been very concerned about losing my hair but Iris made me feel special and loved.  She even spent time showing me several different ways to wear a scarf.  What a gift she gave me.  She also managed not to get any hair one the floor which I still find amazing.

Juliet was my next angel.  She emailed me on Thursday wanting to see if we could go to Aqu in Campbell for lunch on Friday.  When she emailed she didn’t know that going out on Friday would be my first trip out having to wear a hat and being “bald.”   We enjoyed eating our wraps of salmon, mango, jicama and rice while catching up with each other’s lives.  After lunch we walked around downtown Campbell while Juliet shared her favorite local haunts with me.


I feel very blessed by the different angels God sends to me each week.  Sometimes the angels are the ones who call or send a card or just say a prayer for me.  Thank you if you have been one of those angels.  

0 comments:

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.