Friday, June 17, 2011

June 14th - Six Months

June 14th marked the 6 month anniversary of being on this journey. It also was the date of my third treatment with the dose-dense AC. The infusion went well. Jane, my nurse, was able to use the port which is always a relief. My blood work came back with very good numbers which is also a positive.


I’m realizing that chemo is also mental game. It’s hard to go to an appointment that you know is going to leave you feeling run down, along with other possible unappealing side effects. I was really struggling with this infusion but God was good. When I arrived home from the treatment I discovered a floral arrangement left for me along with a note from Chandra (one of this week’s angels). It truly lifted my spirits and reminded me of how blessed and loved I am.



Tuesday evening I was able to attend PandaMania VBS at the church and enjoy seeing the opening and closing ceremonies. I was able to watch from the sound booth which limited my exposure to germs. What a joy to watch the VBS Praise Team lead the worship time. I have to admit that I had my eye on two of the members (Kalyn and Kedrick) but I enjoyed watching them all. 

I was also able to be there on Wednesday evening too.

Since Thursday I have been struggling with fatigue, one of the main side effects with this chemo treatment. The fact that it is cumulative doesn’t help either.  I’m also trying to get over a cold so it a little bit more challenging. I’m spending lots of time just reading and resting. What a blessing that school is out and the children have activities to keep them busy.

0 comments:

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.