Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Angels of Hope

Wednesday proved to be the most challenging day thus far of this journey. It seems that one of the side effects from the Decadron, the steroid I’m given to decrease the sensitivity to the Taxol, is a headache. I’ve had one each Wednesday after the chemo treatment but this Wednesday was the worst. I was able to enjoy visits with two different friends before eating lunch and crawling into bed for a long afternoon nap. What a treat!

When I awoke around 4:00 pm the headache had intensified and was affecting my outlook on life. Isn't that when God seems to be at His best? Earlier in this process a friend gave me a note with I Corinthians 10:13 written out for me. It reminded me that “God is faithful. He will not allow you to be tested beyond what you can bear. But when you are tested, He will provide a way so that you can endure.”

Not only was I reminded of this verse but Kedrick arrived home with a basket sent by my “Angels of Hope.”

Some dear friends sent me a Longeberger basket filled with strips of hope via prayers and Bible passages. I’m to take one out on the days I’m feeling hopeless to show me just a tiny bit of how much I am loved by my friends. Talk about God seeing to your needs and making sure you feel loved!

I feel very blessed and want to send a great big THANK YOU to my Angels of Hope. I look forward to finding out who you all are.

xoxo

0 comments:

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.