Monday, January 24, 2011

Random thoughts on last week (1/17 to 1/23)

Sunday -  Started with the anticipation of all the children returning!
Monday – Chemo with Carlene complete with being in the private room (nicknamed "the party room") for the infusion.  This room even has a camera to keep watch on the patient.  Chemo took longer than expected but was easier since the port was used.
Tuesday – Carlene left L. Kenna worked on getting settled in her room. Donna had some nausea which was controlled with meds.  We had a family picture taken since Donna still had her hairJ
Wednesday–  A good day! I was a little tired but only napped once
Thursday – Was “walked” by Kalyn      
Friday– Got “walked” by Kenna
Saturday – Donna woke up at 5am very hyper.  Got to visit several nurseries to purchase blueberry bushes.  Went to Kalyn’s futsal game – It felt good to do something “normal”.
 Sunday – Got a new hairstyle! Thank you to Iris for using her God-given talents. In the evening, I got to go to AWE, worship with my family and celebrate communion.  I really do think it’s the little things in life that are important. J



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, your new haircut is really stylin'. You always have a contagious smile to go with it. You are an inspiration to me and my family. I watched my mom go through this and saw how much courage and faith she had. I admire these things in you.
Love Diana H.

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.