Monday, January 24, 2011

Three Down

 Three treatments down, and a snazzy new haircut!

Chemo round #3 is now history. It will go down as my fastest round thus far. We checked in at 9:30 and left at 12:30, making it a three hour session. Using the port makes the entire experience much more enjoyable (?) and easier. I had the same nurse, Anna, that helped me with the first round so that help to make it more familiar. So far, I have had no major reaction to the drugs and even have my hair still. Praise the Lord! I know the reason that it is going so well is because of the enormous amount of prayer that is being heard by God on my account. Thank you for continually lifting our family up in prayer. What a humbling experience.

This week Kenna took me to Chemo with Kendall bring over Kedrick and Kalyn so they could see the infusion center and see what it was like. Kalyn summed it up by saying “this is boring”.  It doesn’t seem so bad to me as I usually end up napping for about an hour once they push the Benadryl into my system. It’s amazing that the effects of drugs can be felt so quickly.

Today I was also blessed by meeting Kathleen, the Breast Cancer Nurse navigator. She will be another wonderful resource that will interface with the medical team and help our family as we complete this journey. She gave me another folder full of wonderful info, reliable websites, and great explanations of breast cancer complete with pictures and diagrams. Now I have two binders, one folder and a book or two to help keep me organized along with several pads of post-it notes as I’m having challenges remembering what I need to do or meds I need to take.
When I arrived home from the chemo round I was able to tear off another chain from my countdown chain. That means three chemo round completed, only nine rounds left. God is good – I’m one-fourth of the way done with part of the treatment!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Carlene had to leave ~ enjoyed the photos of you all ~ praying for you and the family ~~ may Gods gracious mercy and love hold you ever close to Him! Praying for total healing!!
Love, Evelyn & Curt Acord

Debbie Sturm said...

Donna...know I'm praying for you! I'm walking this walk with SEVERAL people right now. I enjoyed looking at all your photos, and I LOVE your new hair cut!!! Hope I can see you soon. Love, Deb

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.