Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Next Leg of the Adventure

Today was spent seeing both the plastic surgeon and oncologist.  I received a positive report from the plastic surgeon.  I have one area that is still causing a little bit of concern 
but I’m on an antibiotic to prevent infection which so far is working.


The oncologist had positive and negative news.  The positive news was that my cancer had a “near compete response” to the first round of chemo.  Praise the Lord for answering prayers.  It also looks like I’m ready to begin the next round of chemo.  Right now it looks like we’ll begin the next round of chemo on Monday, May 16th.  I will receive chemo every two weeks for four rounds of chemo.  I will have a “chemo teach” with a nurse practitioner next week to prepare for the chemo. 
The negative news was that due to the original size of the tumor and the first pathology reports, I will need to see a radiologist to determine if radiation is recommended.  This assessment will happen after the chemo treatments are completed.  I guess I won’t know about the possibility of radiation until mid-July.  
Right now I’m scheduled to see both doctors again next week to get the final approval and make sure there is no evidence of infection.  Let the adventure continue….

0 comments:

Donna McKenzie was diagnosed with breast cancer on December 14, 2010. This is the story of her journey; a place for her to share her experiences, and for you to share your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

Get updates via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.